Monday, May 23, 2011

Teens Pt.1

I weep for my people. This generation of youth is one that tops every other in its unmitigated selfishness and lack of understanding. They say we are the generation that will take our planet to a level that it’s never been before. But I believe that the only place we'll effectively lead it is straight to Hell. Here's why:




YOUNG WOMEN: Do this as an experiment (this is for the total of probably two girls that read this blog, but guys are welcome to do it also). Stand in front of a full-body mirror naked and stare at yourself. Look over every inch of your body for at least five minutes, then come up with as many adjectives as you can that you feel appropriately describe you. Now, I'm willing to bet that most of you did not write “beautiful”, “natural”, or anything else that truly describes what you are. Why do I know this? Because teen girls as a whole have horrible self-esteem. But every single young woman reading this is very, very beautiful, has potential to be extremely intelligent, but just as much as they are these things, they do not often realize it. AS much as I love these girls, I feel an emotion that can only be properly described as a combination of rage and pity when they say "I'm not pretty," or "I'm stupid." There are specific girls I could mention but I won't, so I'll simply say that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. You are a gorgeous young woman who needs to learn the lesson of judging by your own standards, and not by this world's. The simple fact is, not everyone is destined to look like a Barbie doll with a size negative two waist, but your natural beauty is so far ahead of that it's indescribable. I honestly wish that every girl could look in the mirror and see what I see: the naturally aesthetic creature they were born to be. But girls have become obsessed with creating their beauty, whether it be with makeup or with a thinner waist or whatever. The concept that having a round ass and D cup boobs means beauty is so drilled into their heads it's sickening. The concept of "natural beauty" is lost on most of them. I have a good friend, who happens to be a girl, who because of some past issues can understandably feel less than positive about her image. I'm not going to go into any specifics, but by what limited communication we've had, we've become extremely close. This may be a hard concept for some to grasp, but I love this girl to death and do not feel an urge to have sex with her. Shocking, I know. But the point is that this girl is extremely beautiful, and because of past events, may not be in total agreement. This is understandable. Not very pleasing, but understandable. However, if you are a stuck-up, pretentious cheerleader whose had everything you've wanted in life and still cannot feel content with yourself, you're just sad. You are a poor excuse for a human being. Not that I'm saying very much, but you are simply pathetic. Most girls with low self-esteem have no credible reason for it. Okay, so maybe a past boyfriend called you a slut one time. So you fall into a pit of unworthiness and total self-criticism? IDIOT. TOTAL. IDIOT. Now, if you feel that way, I'll still love you. I just won't like you very much. And that’s another hard concept that requires attention. Pay attention to this statement: YOU, BEING A TEEN GIRL, DO NOT UNDERSTAND SYNONYMS. Loving someone and being in love with someone are two totally different things. I love my sister, but just because I live in Kentucky doesn't mean I'm IN LOVE with my sister. Fine examples of words incorrectly used interchangeably:



* Pretty and beautiful

* Music and mainstream rap

* Skinny and healthy

* Ignorant and stupid

* Stupid and retarded

* Lil Wayne and talented musician

* Weird and unique

* verbal abuse and physical abuse

* outcast and loner

* emo and goth

* police and law enforcement

* love and lust

* desire and passion

* hipster and unique

* blunt and rude

* nice and pushover



And I could go on and on and on. But the point is, for some strange reason, we feel as if we can switch words back and forth in different contexts and still get the same meaning. There are a few words that are interchangable (ie. big and large, funny and humorous, smart and intelligent, etc.), but they're in the minority. Most of the time, we humans like to feel samrt by substituting big words that don't fit for smaller words that make more sense. How do you not realize how plain dumb that is? How do you not realize that saying "I don't like Mexicans" isn't rude, but honest? How do you not realize that weighing ninety pounds when you're six feet tall is not healthy, no matter how tight a shirt you can fit when you are? How do you girls not realize that your hips do not make your identity? Whatever, I'm done.


I'll rant about boys in the next post.

Peace.
 
 
Song of the day: I Just Had Sex by The Lonely Island

No comments:

Post a Comment